Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Giving Thanks

I was lucky enough to get to go home and to NYC for Thanksgiving Break and got to do so many incredible things... Here are a few:

  • Saw Lincoln in the brand new theater back home
  • Went to seminary with two of my siblings - so great
  • Worked out with Til (ouch but thank you...)
  • Watched J-Fly play basketball
  • Saw two Broadway plays (Newsies and Annie - SO good)
  • Had the "best Thanksgiving steak dinner EVER" - direct quote from Papa Haws
  • Ground Zero memorial
  • Museum of Modern Art
  • Helped Julia with her photography project (flashback to me doing the same thing four years ago)
  • Warm, pretty, long drives up and down the east coast (passing TC Williams High School - which my dad was incredibly excited about)
  • Stayed/shopped on Times Square
  • Saw Old Towne Alexandria
  • Got to catch up with my mom and picked up a small supply of her secret brown sugar
  • Talked to my grandpa on the way to and from the airport
I feel so blessed and so lucky to have gotten to spend my break the way I did.

And just because November isn't over, here are a few more things I'm thankful for:
  • Girls that I teach that say thank you
  • Every girl participating in class today
  • Jokes that the temple workers make to me
  • Snapchats with my siblings
  • Leftovers
  • Teammates
  • Roommates
  • Christmas music
I apologize for the lack of pictures... I can't seem to find my phone cord (which might have something to do with the fact that I haven't unpacked yet. Oops).

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you were in NY when I wasn't!!! Can you come back and actually see me? Where did you guys eat this amazing steak dinner? Miss you Jo!

    ReplyDelete