Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Where's the Pause Button?

I have a million things on my to-do list right now.

I have a million things I want to be doing besides that list.

And somehow through all the busyness of these things I have had this incredible feeling the past few days. This feeling that life is so incredibly good that I just want to hit pause and stay in that moment. I know this isn't possible, and I know that it probably wouldn't be as good as I'd expect, but I'm loving every second of things right now.

It hit me really hard driving back from work the other day: I have an amazing job working with amazing girls, I get to spend hours a week with some of my best friends playing my favorite sport in the world, even though my classes are hard they're so interesting and are making me better at things I love to do, I love my family more than I can express with words and just got to spend three weeks with them, I love my apartment, I love my ward, and even despite the freezing cold the snow is really pretty and I have a heater that works wonderfully (and delicious hot chocolate).

Now this doesn't begin to cover all of the blessings I have in my life but I am seriously so lucky and so blessed to be where I am and loving it so much. I'm so grateful for the moments when I get to stop and smell the roses and appreciate everything I have going on.

1 comment:

  1. Jo I love reading your blog! You are always so happy and positive. Thanks for making my days better, even if I don't get to still play lacrosse with you.

    ReplyDelete